Have you registered yet?
Now accredited by the BC Housing Licensing & Consumer Services Branch (formerly the HPO)!
To obtain educational credits, you will need to fill out available forms onsite and have them verified by conference staff. Details on how to submit credits are specified on forms.
- Building Code & Envelope Solutions
- Building Performance & Energy Efficiency
- Legal, Regulatory & Risk Management
- New Products, Technologies, Innovations & Materials
- Professional & Personal Skills Development
- Project Planning, Management & Best Practices
- Health & Wellness
- Facility Management & Building Maintenance
- Property Management
Wednesday, Feb. 15 • 8:30am–12:30pm • CaGBC Members $135; Non-CaGBC Members EB $140/REG $160 • ROOM 224
W04: LEED v4 Rating System [Building Performance & Energy Efficiency, Professional & Personal Skills Development, Facility Management & Building Maintenance, Property Management]
[ AIBC 4 Core LUs • 3.5 BGCI Ce Hours (General or LEED-specific for any specialty) • 3.5 BOMI CPDs ]
In this half day workshop, you’ll gain a solid grasp of LEED v4 changes and the positive impact this will have on current green building practices in Canada. As a result, you’ll be able to communicate effectively to colleagues and clients about some of the major high-level changes occurring in LEED v4.
- This half day course introduces the LEED v4 rating system, and discusses its flexibility and applicability to an expanded range of building types.
- Participants will explore common themes in the new rating system, synergies within the system, the integrative process, and the role of performance.
- The new Integrative Process credit is introduced, detailing some of the strategies for earning the credit.
- The enhanced LEED v4 system goals and their on LEED point allocation are covered.
- Course attendees will have the opportunity to network and work in small groups to reinforce the learning experience.
Please note that this course is not a technical review course. Canadian participants will learn how LEED v4 is being adapted for use in Canada through the current development of Alternative Compliance Paths (ACPs). Note: ACPs are talked about in general, but the course itself does not go into detail regarding specific Canadian ACPs.
For further information on this seminar and the CaGBC, please click here.
Jason Packer, Dip. Tech, LEED AP BD+C, CPHC, Associate, Senior Green Building Strategist, Recollective Consulting Inc.
Jason has supported and volunteered with a number of organizations including the Sustainable Building Centre, Green Bricks Education Society, Connecting Environmental Professionals and the BC Sustainable Energy Association working to promote renewable sources of energy.